Hosting WILU 2019
Interested in hosting WILU in 2019?
If your institution is interested in hosting the 48th annual Workshop on Instruction in Library Use (WILU) in 2019, please prepare and submit a short proposal by November 30, 2017.
Procedures for submitting a proposal
The University Librarian, Chief Librarian or Director of Libraries of the interested institution must apply in writing by November 30, 2017 to the WILU 2018 Co-chairs Karine Fournier and Patrick Labelle
The proposal must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “WILU 2019 Host Proposal.” Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding your proposal.
Proposals will be approximately one page in length and should address the following selection criteria.
- Normally, WILU travels back and forth across Canada to ensure that participants from all regions have an opportunity to attend without long-distance travel; however, this pattern is flexible and all interested hosts will be considered.
- Applicants must have the support of their University Librarian, Chief Librarian or Director of Libraries.
- Applicants should demonstrate enough local interest to staff a conference committee.
- Applicants should have suitable conference facilities.
- Applicants must be able to offer all delegates accommodations, either on campus or in the vicinity of the conference facilities.
- In the case of multiple applicants for the same year, preference may be given to institutions who have never hosted WILU or who have hosted it less recently than others.
Please refer to the WILU History page for an overview of the conference’s values and past conference themes.
The successful applicant will be notified by December 22, 2017.